Re: [Tigers] Trunk Hinge Spring

To: Karl Adey <sunbeamkarl@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Trunk Hinge Spring
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 08:35:11 -0800
Cc: The LIST Post <tigers@autox.team.net>
I wasn't sure what you meant.  So I went onto ebay to see the listing.  Now
I see what you mean.  I had never seen an Alpine trunk spring like that,
with the one perpendicular loop.  I'm assuming those were from the Series 1
and 2 cars.  I have owned a S3, SIV and V.  And none of those had that
extra loop.

Meanwhile, I have to point out this gem:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUNBEAM-ALPINE-IV-ORIGINAL-TRUNK-SPRINGS-COVERS-/280070390666?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41357f038a&vxp=mtr

The guys says "*THERE WERE ONLY 12,406 CARS MADE IN THE WORLD. I HAVE SET
THE PRICES HIGH TO ALLOW PROSPECTIVE BUYERS IN OTHER COUNTRIES A CHANCE TO
BUY THE PARTS FROM THIS RARE CAR AS WELL.***"