Re: [Tigers] Paint Inside Gauges

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Paint Inside Gauges
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 03:42:04 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
The blue is closer to the light if I recall correctly. It's intended to give a
brighter cast to the gauge illumination.

Theo

On 2013-02-01, at 8:38 PM, "michael king" <michael.s.king@gmail.com> wrote:

> Joe, the insides of the speedo/tach were painted white and a light blue,
> split 50/50 top and bottom cant recall which colour was on the top ahlf..
> can look when i get home
>
> On 2 February 2013 14:27, Joe Brown <jbbrown1980@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>

>> I'm taking apart my gauges to replace the o-rings and clean things up and
>> noticed flakes of white paint pouring out.  I haven't pulled the
mechanisms
>> out of the housing completely, but I'm guessing that the inside of the
>> housings were painted.  Actually, I'm seeing some blue flakes and some
>> white.   How should the insides of the housings be painted?  Is the paint
>> meant to reflect the light from the light bulb?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Joe Brown
>>
>> B382000217
>

> --
> Regards
>
> Michael King
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/theo.smit@dynastream.com

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.