Re: [Tigers] penta-stars

To: <dave@munroe.ca>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] penta-stars
From: "Jim" <jimmc13@hughes.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 13:23:47 -0500
Dave,

If you have the Rootes/Sunbeam Alpine Series I-V parts manual with index and
amendment 16.  Check page 24 of amendment 16, which is at the end of the
entire publication.  Rootes P/N 2239866 is listed 2 times once for
Miscellaneous Trim (Standard) Pentastar Emblem - OS/RH Front Wing 1 Off.

Translated OS = off side or right hand with a quantity of 1.  Note this same
part is listed for the GT Model, also on page 24.

When I see this and based on owning Alpines and Tigers since 1976, the
British used the body parts religiously on all Alpine type body styles,
except as noted.  There are no notes so we can be very sure the Pentastar
was only on the RH side of any vehicle fitted with a Standard body or GT.
This applies to your Tiger!  What is tough to determine would be what Tiger
model and SN does this start?  It looks like 1966 with model B382001719, but
this is not certain.  My research continues.Anybody can weigh in on this,
please.

Jim McLaughlin

B382000175

  _____