Re: [Tigers] Tigers - which Pentastar?

To: <rande@thecia.net>, <aaaglasss@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers - which Pentastar?
From: "Will Seay" <wseay@embarqmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:29:12 -0400
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
X_cmae_category: 0,0 Undefined,Undefined a=VHR75LDRdwNiv49K1R9BLQ==:17 a=7SpWe-AiposA:10 a=1poGYrevpj8A:10 a=kj9zAlcOel0A:10 a=1oqGTYSLAAAA:8 a=PN7WDCtrJA8A:10 a=8A7brI4kjU8C6ETGAX3PRdgeao0=:19 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=3oc9M9_CAAAA:8 a=bN3I_mudwo6yzF6oezEA:9 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=7AuI0tugcmoA:10 a=cvn8laQl214A:10 a=U8Ie8EnqySEA:10 a=FYIqUD9b4yooNd8y:21 a=0JawHvbN6yX8WjI5:21 a=VHR75LDRdwNiv49K1R9BLQ==:117
I just took a look at the pentastar on my car.  From center of the base to tip
of the star measures 0.98", so the 1" measurement, depending on how it was made,
is probably about right.  The original pentastar was gold-anodized aluminum over
plastic.  The pentastar on my car is NOS, so I know it's right.  You can find
two flavors of pentastars on ebay  The repros that sell for about $10.00 are all
plastic.  The NOS ones are the ones selling for outrageous bucks.  The pentastar
mounts with a center pin and has a locating tab that's offset from center.  It
will take two holes to mount it and accommodate the locating tab.  I don't know
anything about a vinyl/rubber gasket.  If someone wants a picture of the
pentastar installed on my car let me know and I can send you one by separate
email.

Will Seay 382001570
wseay@embarqmail.com