Ok, so you all looked at the vids of the first two startups of the
Sunbeam's newest motor. Well, now here is a third one, made yesterday,
that has the run stand coupled to its diy dyno counterpart. This was the
first time ever fired up on the dyno and there were lots of questions in
my mind. It worked out just fine! The dyno is something I fabricated
from scratch using a Jaguar IRS with inboard disk brakes. I even
shortened the drive shaft myself. The blue components are water
collectors and shields to keep water from going all over the place. Two
spray nozzles along side each rotor. Lots of things I might do
differently, lots of things to change or improve, but it works! When
operating at 2500 rpm, I am able to drop the rpm with just a small
change in pressure to the brake master cylinder's push cylinder. And
recover the rpm afterwards. I did not try and break anything because
the tune is not right. Ok for the load level we were at but not a full
boogie run. Plus, if I ran it at full song, I suspect the police would
have been there in short order, lol. It barks really loudly, so some
turbo mufflers are required...
here is the link..
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed