Re: [Tigers] Tiger charging normally until you turn headlights on

To: Douglas Lyle <douglasalyle@yahoo.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger charging normally until you turn headlights on
From: Don Antilla <fast427@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 19:24:10 -0400
Hi Doug: I talked with Pertronix about a year ago regarding the Ignitor II
for my Series 200 Griffith.
When I talked with their Tech person, he was telling me that he could not
assure the Ignitor II would work at 6 volts; he recommended trying to get
as close to 12 volts as possible.
I believe there are different voltage requirements for the Ignitor vs. the
Ignitor II, so I recommend  that you call Pertronix to be sure about what
you need for primary voltage.

Also, if you or the other Tiger guys use the Ignitor II, be certain to use
radio resistance spark plug wires. I checked this with the Pertronix Tech
guy (again)  and he said it is a real requirement . The reason is that the
micro-controller chip can be disrupted with the EMI pulses from solid core
plug wires and therefore you must use radio resistance wires.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Don Antilla