Re: [Tigers] Odd advice from Edlebrock

To: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Odd advice from Edlebrock
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 16:43:36 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Hi Jay,
If you're reading rich, then you're using up all the available oxygen by the
time the fuel/air charge hits the O2 sensor, and there is in fact some unburnt
fuel left. I can't see how getting the combustion going earlier would help
that.

Earlier combustion would give you lower exhaust temperatures, but I'm not sure
how that would help your O2 readings either.

I'm using a PLX wideband O2 sensor... you get much more direct information
than what the earlier narrowband O2 sensors will give you, and they're not
that expensive anymore. I have my gauge stuck where the ammeter usually goes
so it's easily readable, with some silver tape wrapped around the bezel to
dress it up ;)

Theo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.