Re: [Tigers] FW: OEM vs Wilwood brake performance

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] FW: OEM vs Wilwood brake performance
From: Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 09:45:57 -0700
My engineering sources says that maximum braking occurs when there is a
20% slippage rate. Ie, if the tires are spinning at 100 mph then best
braking occurs at 80 mph apparent speed. All the way to near zero
speed... Ditto for acceleration. Best grip on the surface comes at that
amount of slippage.  There is another factor involved as well, but we'll
save that for a later day...

mayf

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.