Re: [Tigers] LED Brake Lights

To: Sigma Engineering <sigmaengr@carolina.rr.com>, Tiger Net <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] LED Brake Lights
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 14:52:30 -0700 (PDT)
Swap the bulbs, see if it works.

If the turn signals don't blink or blink
too fast you may need a resistor across the bulb for the turn signal circuit,

I think they sell an adapter for that. It's needed for mechanical/heat type
of flashers that rely on the higher current used by a 'filament' bulb. The LED
bulbs don't draw much power and will not cause the flasher to heat up to open
and close the contact.

The last thing you can do is use a 3 terminal flasher
that is not load sensitive. It's basically a 2 prong flasher with a flying
lead that you ground and works with any type of load. Check Waytek Wire for
them, I think that's where I got the last one.

A few ways to skin the cat.
Check the LED bulbs some may have the resistor built in.

Sandy