Re: [Tigers] 2014 Worlds Fastest Sunbeam Motor Candidate

To: "drmayf@mayfco.com" <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 2014 Worlds Fastest Sunbeam Motor Candidate
From: Cullen1972 <cmccann1972@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 19:47:08 -0500
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Hi Mayf, the shogun car uses a high performance modified SHO engine from the
Taurus. That's how this discussion got started. I'm discussing this for the
sole purpose of trying to help with your project. Ill let you know if I find
out anything useful about sho motors.

Cullen

Sent from my iPhone.

On Aug 17, 2013, at 7:41 PM, Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com> wrote:

> Ok, guys, I started the thread here regards the use of the SHO motor in the
Sunbeam race car. What does the Shogun car configuration have to do with that?
If ya wanna chat about shoguns then please start a new thread so I can stop
looking at irrelevant messages?

> mayf
>
> ______________________________
> drmayf
> Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
> 204.913 mph flying mile
> 210.779 mph exit speed
>
> On 8/17/2013 11:21 AM, Cullen McCann wrote:
>> Thanks Andy. Yes Greg and I have talked many times about the shogun
project.
>> I've also spoken to Rick Titus about it last time he was over here at my
>> place. As you know Greg and Rick are tight friends.  The way I was told,
Greg
>> was on the design team for the project. I'm just planning to ask Greg
about
>> anything related to the SHO motor that might provide support to Mayf's
race
>> car concept.
>>
>> Cullen
>>

>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On Aug 17, 2013, at 10:43 AM, "Andy Walker" <awtiger@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Cullen, et al:
>>>
>>> The Shogun was a project that Rick Titus, son of former automotive
>>> journalist and Shelby team Trans-Am driver Jerry Titus, was heavily
>> involved
>>> in.  From what I remember, Rick got together with a group of investors
and
>>> was going to build these cars for the retail market.  They were indeed
Ford