Re: [Tigers] Dash Pad Install

To: "drmayf@mayfco.com" <drmayf@mayfco.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Dash Pad Install
From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 21:58:06 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
One question, does this dash pad need to hold up to LSR speeds? :>)

There are several grades of contact adhesive, 3M has a high strength 90 for
marine applications, the 74 and 77 for trim and headliners, the 80 is for
vinyl and rubber,  and a few more for special applications.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Adhesives/Tapes/Products/~/3M-Tap
e-and-3M-Adhesives/Non-Structural-Adhesives/Spray-Adhesives?N=5396314&rt=c3

I have used the 77 for headliners and foam insulation-to-firewall with great
success. The no-name spray stuff at Autozone is crap.

If you can work with the brush-on liquid, try the 3M Fastbond, I used it on
all the upholstery work and it holds well.

Have fun and try not to glue your fingers together like I've done!

Bugz