Re: [Tigers] Refurb Question ...MK 1

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Refurb Question ...MK 1
From: Pam and Tom Jeffers <jeffers@mwt.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 20:47:00 -0600
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Larry,

Dont remove the rivets, you can slide the new side cover finisher seal over
the old rivets.

Tom

On Nov 18, 2013, at 10:10 AM, Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com> wrote:

> Ok, so I am still putting things back together on my Tiger of nearly 47
years ownership.. I will shortly start on the soft top area. I have hit a snag
however. Since this is a MK1, it has the metal covers for the soft top. My
question is about the small side panels that fold down. On the ends of those,
the ends that fold under the big center piece, there are rubber finishers.
They, at least on this car, are held on with brass rivets of some sort. They
appear to be a nested type of device with a pop rivet like piece that locks
the pieces in place, a 2 piece system. I can find similar, but, nothing
exactly like those.  Is there a replacement available anywhere? Substitute?