Re: [Tigers] Convertible top frame and seat parts

To: Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com> s=q20121106; t=1385142694; bh=huJL42q9x9LN5n01kcQN9raM8+1o162HTsc91OmVBLQ=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=ZTsi7AbRTI1Vq0Kt4UB8OnC+4brl59flrpbe8bQUbi9o36ClSKju3mxFlBM1firQb WxUzcXZQdNJJbZ0GTFy5QWkX+jtVViawN1GzHuNIMI5fVtx0N0sTpw9F80KHR3jgVQ /FUArxLIb715U7HhfWMlFwlnixVL3i8tOFXIe2BTPOkeGn8nnS+WRTVz3xyJhndxp8 RG721KMsmWavsmySrAOG/dTXLC6UMmfksQIOwcmJth4+VlD9tCYP5qfs3g3FsXQNaR 0ptrnps/PCceexUVvk5xWX0IpiyNmtbGNIK7Xg1XK7SGjF8KS5iGZR8vZVTv0FXmiD UmqrCxMR/KFbg==
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Convertible top frame and seat parts
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:51:33 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Tiger List Serve <Tigers@autox.team.net>
When I replaced my seat bottom cushions and repaired one of the frames I went
looking for a similar gray paint to what was there. I had no luck with that.
The gray from the factory seems to have a bit of a blue tint to it compared to
any gray that I found readily available. As near as I can tell it is very
similar to a slightly bluish gray I once saw on some old printing presses. So
maybe there is an industrial type paint that would be closer than what the
local hardware or auto parts type store sells.

I ended up using Krylon Battleship Gray, part number RTA 9206, which was close
enough for my purposes. It is an enamel however. Claims to not need a primer
and eliminates rust. No affiliation.

Gene