Re: [Tigers] new sports cars and manual gearboxes

To: Alex Haugland <ahauglan@gmail.com>, snakebit289 <snakebit289@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] new sports cars and manual gearboxes
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 00:17:38 -0400
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
I don't remember which review it was of the Tiger when it first came
out, but a race driver who had one as a personal car said he loved the
car but that Sunbeam *really* needed to come out with an automatic
transmission.  Most all drag racers I know use automatic transmissions.

I'm thinking of buying a new BMW Z4 or the F-type, and I'm very put off
by not being able to get a manual transmission, but I do suffer
intellectually that the modern tranny's are going to get through the
gears faster than I will be able to.  Time to turn in my slide rule,
too, and maybe buy one of them new-fangled calculators....

Chris
B3282000331