[Tigers] Bell housing question

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Bell housing question
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 19:50:23 -0600
Guys:

I'm contemplating putting a 260 back in my Tiger rather than the 289 that's
in the car right now.  Here's the rub, though.  The 260 I have is clearly a
5-bolt block, which I'm guessing all 260s were, but the 289 in the car is a
6-bolt block.  Obviously, I'm going to have to change the bell housing over
to a 5-bolt unit.  Now, if I do that, will my transmission bolt up to it or
not?  Can I use my 289 flywheel on the 260?  Also, are clutch sizes
different between the two engines?  By the way, the 260 came out of an
automatic '64 Fairlane, if it makes any difference.

I'm all ears, guys.I've never had to mess with something like this before.

Thanks,

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK

B382001600LRXFE