Re: [Tigers] Tiger Steering Wheels

To: Tigers@autox.team.net, Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Steering Wheels
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 21:50:37 -0500
Joel:

If you want to keep the horn ring from the Tiger, about the only options
you have are a Tiger wheel, which is wood, of course and, as you noted,
expensive, or an Alpine wheel. The Alpine wheel is identical to the
Tiger wheel but is made of plastic and is much more readily available
and, hence, cheaper. There are other wood wheels that can be fitted to
the Tiger such as Moto-Lita or Nardi but are pretty expensive and would
not look very good with the horn ring. There are other options to allow
for the use of the horns with such wheels but, again, it's more money. I
notice there is a hub and horn button for a Moto-Lita wheel on eBay
right now for $277.00. The cost of the wheel is additional, of course,
so you can see where this is going pretty quickly. Several years ago, I
was able to find a leather Moto-Lita wheel on eBay and a mounting hub at
reasonable prices. In addition I found a replacement turn signal switch
with an extra position (used to flash the high beams, I believe, in the
original application) that I use to activate the horns by pulling the
stalk toward me. The Lucas number is in the CAT notes, IIRC. My original
wooden wheel and horn ring are carefully stored and, no, they are not
for sale. Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas to All,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE