Re: [Tigers] Original Underbody finish?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Original Underbody finish?
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 08:47:01 -0800
Alex,
 As best I recall Ron is correct. "Been there, done that" nearly 14 years
ago.  Though I might add that I had considerable rust.  Some surface rust,
some more than surface.  I prepped for POR-15 which requires removal to bare
metal.  My recollection about the red oxide primer and body color paint is
that I wondered if I was doing the right thing by removing it.  But, as I
stated there was considerable rust so ... .  I don't doubt that the
application of primer and was rather spotty given the areas of rust and the
chore of removing paint and primer.

Anyway, it won't take much to scrape off some undercoat and see the layers
beneath - just in case my memory is as failing as my wife indicates it is.
:-)

Tom