[Tigers] eBay Tiger

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] eBay Tiger
From: snakebit289 <snakebit289@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 04:06:49 -0800 (PST)
A lot of comment has followed the coverage of the latest eBay Tiger, but it
doesn't seem as though anyone commenting from our list has actually seen the
car. All we know from the photos is that this car has been modified in ways
that cast doubt on whether it's a genuine Tiger, to some folks. As pricing
these days goes for Tigers, $36K seems to be at the bottom of the range, and if
this car really is a Tiger, at the least the new owner bought it right. At the
worst, the new owner knew it was an Alger and reasoned that they didn't care-it
was close enough and affordable enough.

As for it being TAC'd, it would be nice to learn what a TAC team thought of the
car, but that won't happen until the new owner asks a local team to look at it
for certification purposes. TAC isn't going to start that process on its own.

Rande Bellman