Re: [Tigers] Junk Yard findings...

To: drmayf@mayfco.com, tigers@autox.team.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Junk Yard findings...
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 15:08:19 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 1/5/2014 1:56:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
drmayf@mayfco.com writes:

Well,  last Friday I ventured out through axle breaking country side to
visit Two  Brothers  Junk yard.  It is a small, but moire importantly,
the  only junk yard in Pahrump.  Iwent to just look around for a cruise
control servo of a particular pant number and I was pointed to different
areas of the yard where such might be found.  So, off I wandered.  Could
not find what I wanted although some came close. Then I spotted some
rarities.  There were 2, yes two, AMC Pacers sitting there, just  behind
a Nash Rambler.  And there was one of the MG Midgets, with the  big fat
American bumpers (must be a late 60s early 70s?). And 3 jag  sedans, a
BMW of the same vintage of the jags, ca 1988,  and 3  Mercedes which I
didn't look at.  Then Sergio, one of the brothers,  showed me a front
clip of a late 90's Ford truck and there was my servo,  lol.  With the
connector.  I have been looking in my catalog,  ebay, and had seen prices
for just the servo coming in around 100 bucks  and another possible 50
bucks for the connector. I got it all for 20 bucks  and I did not even
have to get my tools out, lol...

Anyway, the  point is that if any of you think you might be interested in
the odd ball  cars, I can send you the phone number. Be prepared to use
pigeon English  though as their English is not necessarily really good.
No, I diodn't ake  photos as I wasn't out ther eto hunt cars. I can go
and take a couple if  someone is really really interested because that
sucker is a hard to get  to place.

larry

--
drmayf