Re: [Tigers] Tire pressure

To: <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tire pressure
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 09:18:06 -0700
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Thanks guys.

I was thinking that the relative front/rear pressures were what I wanted to
see.  It is interesting, and makes sense, that the factory says to have the
same pressure all around.  Most road cars have lower pressure in the front.
This causes understeer, which is considered safer for the common driver.  Of
course with the way the Tiger is built, it has plenty of understeer.

I will probably do 32 or 33 and see how I like it.  Maybe I'll even try some
slightly lower pressure in the rear.  We did that when we were autoxing the
S2000 last week.  Lots of fun that was!

Jay

On Jun 28, 2014, at 8:28 AM, Ron Fraser wrote:

> Jay
>       First you should look for the max tire pressure on the tire side
> wall.  My tires say 35 psi - I run them at 33 psi.
> Some tires have 44 psi max.  I believe Tire Rack states that anything under
> 36 psi is under inflated.  I have also seen 51 psi max and I have no idea
> what to set them at - I have not found any information about them.
>
> Second consideration is ride quality.   More psi can = a harsher ride so
you
> adjust accordingly.
>
> Remember any specs on Tiger tire pressures are probably for bias ply tires
> and out dated.
>
> Ron Fraser

Laifman