Re: [Tigers] Rear tire rubbing

To: Tom Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Rear tire rubbing
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 15:09:04 -0400
Cc: LIST TIGER <tigers@autox.team.net>
Steve, My tires are P195 60R15s; they don't rub, but I'm usually the only
occupant, & I'm a scrawny cuss. A couple things come to mind, and Tom
touched on the first: put a yard stick on the sidewalls and look at the
clearance (both sides) to the inner fender lips. Mine's a Mark 2 - they
improved (imho) the placement of the panhard rod mounts. I used the panhard
rod to center the tires under the car. So far it's held - no sign of
rubbing.

The second is the passenger; you said he was rather large, It may be an
indication of weak rear springs Dale (Dale's Restorations) sells rear
springs he claims are so good the traction bars aren't needed to control
wheel hop.

I doubt it's the tires.

Tom
'67 Mark 2

Before I went to 15" rims I used P195 70R13 tires (with a 2BBL stock
engine); they worked well... if you can find them.