Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, re- dip stick bell

To: JCMC2006@suddenlink.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, re- dip stick bell
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 18:01:57 -0400 (EDT)
Full-name: Rollright
And I thought it was there to keep oil in. Very interesting !

Jim Armstrong

In a message dated 7/15/2014 5:48:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
JCMC2006@suddenlink.net writes:

The PVC  valve creates a slight vacuum in the crankcase, and the felt in the
dip  stick prevents dirt from going down the tube.   Without the felt,  dirt
could get into the tube, which wouldn't be a  good  thing.

Jerry Christopherson
9473187