[Tigers] Dash switch postions when off and heater box

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Dash switch postions when off and heater box
From: "Jim McLaughlin" <jimmc13@socket.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 19:48:20 -0500
Folks:

Okay so I am working on my heater valve and the shut off cable.  In order to
route the cable properly I had to remove the heater box, so I thought I'd
clean it.  Then I dropped it and it broke what a clumsy move.

When removing the box, I had to disconnect the heater switch wires that are
routed to the 2-speed resistor.  The service manual lists the off position
as up and then low speed in the middle and fast speed as all the way down.
Every Sunbeam I have ever had all switches off in the down position.  This
actually seemed safer when driving.

What is the correct off switch position for each of the switches, up or
down?  Anybody have a spare Smiths heater box?

Jim McLaughlin

B382000175LRXFE