[Tigers] Front coil spacers.

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Front coil spacers.
From: H B Elam <harryb@elams.org>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 15:32:54 -0400
When I dismantled B382002027 for strip & dip in 1983 I am sure there were
spacers (insulators) on both front suspensions between the upper end of the
coil springs and the cross member, as shown and described on pages MA & MA1 of
the Rootes part manual, publication No. 6600992. Later when working on
B382000471 I found no spacers. Since I had them, I put them in when the
suspension went back together. To my uncalibrated eye the front end looks to
ride higher than I like.  So recently when reviewing the parts list I noticed
this note for part number P.108521. "From B395000239 Std. and GT and
B382000542." Does this mean that some 1A Tigers before B38000542 did not have
the these (insulators) or am I just chasing my tail, again?

Thanks,
Harry Elam