Re: [Tigers] tiger radiator

To: Brad Huff <huffb@southslope.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] tiger radiator
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 01:27:51 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Thread-index: BxACPm5Al9fjEhzsEOFt+QfFAjDB8w== s=q20140121; t=1409794071; bh=OgmAAlw60TJ5wgsKaR6F0dLCuyQ0eSwYJyiS175XymA=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=hroJOKwWtkTVIppivPmh+Kf3XCijbVwrZDXCO2Q4FAWflDiw9YUxw5yEXFVNnwKZU VbDWQpfvF0o+MF3Yzv8byCVj0OJzMS20HHilM8xvarHiTLcTaKCalFkYrh4ICBmEY7 r5R063NsiXTfrIKNkDqmdE3kVixmc5gatulgD2fNTJa83Xae+wwo9voYLnmqMRO5nj cX4U8Uxbww7g9JuQbJE5bvweBPl5fqR2wlY9TGHmtvTEY3uFKZa2/vRHZ0fM7ULn6n A/07Yw6xvM0bDONn7wswiWbIKGSOz0MXEPTHberWrSFyzEDqJ2l8XGmpfuZmUmn38d uOX2l62X1gMkA==
I have the Griffin Radiator but no experience with the combo electric fan. At
least one other Tiger owner and I had problems with the radiator fabrication.
The two side flanges for mounting to the body were welded on wrong. They should
be offset from the front of the radiator, but they offset them in the wrong
direction. If you order one make them agree upfront to take it back at their
cost if they send you one with this problem and send you one made correctly.

Also, be sure you specify that you want one with a drain plug. It seems they
have two different sets of drawings for their Tiger radiator. Not knowing the
difference, I went with the Racing Version. That version does not have a drain
plug... Did not know that until I went to install the radiator.

Gene