[Tigers] Signs (Non Tiger)

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Signs (Non Tiger)
From: Stuart Brennan <stubrennan352@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 21:15:29 -0400
In the last year or so I have noticed the appearance, along Interstate
highways here in MA, of signs indicating where power lines are crossing the
highways.  Now, if these lines were low enough that there was a danger of a
truck snagging them, I could understand it.  But no, most of these lines
appear to be well above the road, 50, 75, maybe 100 feet above the tallest
trucks.  Anything that would fit under the bridges is in no danger.

Does anyone know the reason for this?  Is this happening around the
country?  Certainly some sign makers are being enriched, but is any other
purpose being served?

Stu