Re: [Tigers] Electric A/C

To: Jerry Mo Christopherson <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>, Tiger Autox <TIGERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Electric A/C
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@garmin.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 20:42:30 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
16 amps at 12 volts is really low, for an AC compressor application. I
haven9t looked at the ratings on their system but I wonder if that9s going
to suffice for a tough cooling problem like the Tiger.

I had previously looked at others and they were more in the 1 kW plus
range (I.e. At 12V, that would require 80 amps minimum)

http://www.electriccarpartscompany.com/12-610VDC-br-3412-10236-BTU-br-DC-Ai
r-Conditioner-Compressor-and-Controller-br-Compressor-264-lbs-12kg-Controll
er-44-lbs-2kg_p_152.html

Theo

On 2014-11-13, 1:16 PM, "Jerry Mo Christopherson"
<JCMC2006@suddenlink.net> wrote:

>Anybody see this in Hot Rod Mag. PG 126  (0115 issue).  This might work on
>our little cars, with "no room anywhere".  Still have to deal with the
>condenser in front of the very small radiator though.   An alternator
>would
>be a must of course (16.2 amps).
>

>SeanHylandMotorsport.com
>

>If anybody has or might try it let the rest of us know.
>

>Jerry Christopherson
>
>9473187

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.