Re: [Tigers] Windshield Glass

To: Tom Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Windshield Glass
From: "Robert D. Hogan via Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 11:05:34 -0500
Cc: LIST TIGER <tigers@autox.team.net>
Implied but not stated was the concern that the supply of Tiger windshields
may be small and as the years progress the knowledge of what cars may have
similar enough geometry for adaptation could become important.  I don't
know enough about the windshield glass manufacturing capabilities to know
if Tiger windshields can be reproduced without some major tooling
investment.  Perhaps, its just one of those Tiger owner phobias of "OMG,
there are no more of those parts available."  Pricing, but not functional
importance, could become as secondary as the current Tiger II wheel opening
trim is now.