[Tigers] Windshields . . .

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Windshields . . .
From: Lon Walters via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 13:24:38 -0700
Tiger long gone, but still a lurker on the site. Always good info.

Windshields: Had a horrid time finding a front one for an Italian car I was
attempting to restore.  Cheapest was almost $1900 plus shipping, then told
me the rear was unobtainium at any price.  The car is long gone, but have
always been puzzled by the fact that many say it can't be done or they are
not available.  I didn't start the search to manufacture one before the car
went, but figured street rodders have custom windshields installed all the
time as they slice and dice cars.  I'm at a loss why this is such a big deal
for other cars.  I recall there was a firm in Mexico that would make a legal
seamless windshield for my '37 Buick street rod for $400.  That was ten
years ago.  Surely the technology has come a long way since then.

Jus' sayin'

Lon

----