Re: [Tigers] Tiger Brakes

To: tym2@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Brakes
From: genepadgett--- via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 22:47:44 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Tiger's List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Thread-index: ed0Tgm/nuW1MbZFa7CR1ZFIvukKwtFRh+coY s=q20140121; t=1424040464; bh=7lA9vTT+2nC62+lsYRlmn9O9E7U4hpFcRthqoSAgNRQ=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=sH9T+6WiWz57vIsVe+tVgzInU7Ycsn3GCzrlATffEgKZ3ZYrw8ODSExxZDYtCMdYA COGP1iP3I9mZJ//BpmGv5upRcmUCjdGvcC6SnXifQTh9dPl4D2noNIsuNAPp+5Bn4F xOXG/7UAIVr8qPL7BYCQEGH8qngDQ8eMU4Tvrsrxn2gMSjsWjHcIykI1HTjJF+CIFe BkcpNaPAz7figSMC8zVpT4VZvZVDLmjdB6bnlIogtrDw3RKvWUbzbbJAa1rdVZR1Pw 8AstJy2emgm08BBYoMwe2gpCyrpbrd3t9g0sauRY9N+P8zeEWJCEehcyvpCO8Wykk1 jqBLPGKSBb+sg==
I second Ron's recommendation of the Hawk HP pads for the front, but be
prepared for significant dusting. The tradeoff is well worth it in terms better
brakes IMHO

Also, remember the rear brakes are not self-adjusting. If you get more than 2
clicks on the hand brake when pulled while at rest, they need adjusting.
Otherwise all of your braking is at the front, rather than 70%(?). I had
Porterfield relign my rear brake shoes with their vintage racing shoe material.
They have other choices available as well. The combination of an adjustment
plus better linings seemed to add noticeably to the overall performance. At
least be sure your adjustment is good so that whatever you have back there is
contributing to the overall effort.

Gene