Re: [Tigers] Gauge Rebuilders

To: Owain Lloyd via Tigers <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>, Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gauge Rebuilders
From: dave--- via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 13:37:38 -0300
Cc: LIST TIGER <tigers@autox.team.net>
Owain;

I had the same experience with Nisonger. Although mechanically the gauges I
sent them worked fine on their return, cosmetically they were unacceptable.B

Among others, I sent them a tach and speedo for a British bike I was
restoring. Unlike Brit car gauges, the beezles can not be easily removed and
replaced....they are crimped on, and you must have a special tool to install a
new one. Since Brit motorcycle gauges are no brighter than original car
gauges, I forceably removed the beezles, drilled additional holes in the
bottom of the cans B to fit brighter bulbs, and had them professionally
painted.B

On return, the gauges were fitted with cans that did not have the extra holes
bI had cut, and they looked like they were painted with a brush.

Not good.B

If you send them to Nisonger, make sure they know EXACTLY what you want.

Good luck,

Dave

SentB fromB myB BlackBerryB 10 smartphoneB onB theB Rogers network.
B  Original Message B