Re: [Tigers] Convertible top advice needed

To: Andy Walker <awtiger@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Convertible top advice needed
From: michael king via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 08:47:33 +1000
Cc: Tiger Talk List Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>

--001a11c3ae2a0dc7ff0519372d4a

Andy,

What might be the problem is that if someone installed the top and sealed
it under the two sorter weather strip retainers on each side in the recess
for the top. This prevents the hood sitting down properly at the sides and
makes it hard to fold away. The curtain that hangs down on the sides should
be free and has a clip inside the boot well to attach it. If sealed on the
sides it wont fold down right.

--
Regards

Michael King

--001a11c3ae2a0dc7ff0519372d4a

lem is that if someone installed the top and sealed it under the two sorter=
 weather strip retainers on each side in the recess for the top. This preve=
nts the hood sitting down properly at the sides and makes it hard to fold a=
way. The curtain that hangs down on the sides should be free and has a clip=
 inside the boot well to attach it. If sealed on the sides it wont fold dow=
e">On 24 June 2015 at 02:13, awtiger--- via Tigers <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a=
 href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">tigers@autox.team.=
gin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hey, guys:<br>
The rag top on my Tiger never has been able to be folded down all the way i=
nto the top well, which leaves a little bit of the frame sticking up and in=
terferring with the top boot.=C2=A0 It seems to me that at one point I eith=
er heard or read that the two shorter convertible top rails that go on eith=
er side of the top were actually supposed to be left off to allow the top t=
o fall further down in the well when stowed.=C2=A0 My side rails are instal=
led, but should they be?=C2=A0 Can someone shed some light regarding the pr=
oper attachment method of the base of the top to the car?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Andy Walker<br>
Edmond, OK<br>
B382001600LRXFE<br>