[Tigers] Mk1A soft top boot and upper waist roll

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Mk1A soft top boot and upper waist roll
From: awtiger--- via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 10:26:46 -0400
Hey, guys:

Well, I'm gettin' really close to finishing the interior on my Tiger, but I've
run across something that I have no experience with and I don't know how to
proceed.  I purchased a new upper waist roll and soft top boot from Sunbeam
Specialties and, while the installation of the waist roll is pretty
self-explanatory, the soft top boot has me baffled.  Before proceeding any
further, please understand that I have no guide to go by as the previous owner
of my car used his own brand of "make-it-fit-or-bust" engineering, which
involved copius amounts of trim adhesive and snaps on these two pieces in
question.  So, having said that, I'm going to make an assumption here and I
would really appreciate someone telling me if I am right or wrong.  I'm going
to say that the leading edge of the soft top boot is sandwiched between the
waist roll and the metal wall that separates the convertible top well from the
package tray area?  Is this assumption correct or incorrect?

Let's assume that I'm correct in my assumption.  If so, what is the proper
procedure for installing these two pieces on the car?  Is trim adhesive
necessary or do you simply just cut slits in the leading edge of the top boot
and insert the waist roll clips through the boot and into the shallow
U-channels on the bulkhead?  Is there a proper procedure to follow to make sure
that I don't screw this up?

As always, guys, I deeply appreciate the assistance,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK