Re: [Tigers] Fantom Works

To: tigers@autox.team.net, snakebit289 <snakebit289@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fantom Works
From: Tod Brown via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 15:07:23 -0400
--===============7596927872671097120==
 boundary="------------000302080000030905030909"

--------------000302080000030905030909

Rande:

I get the channel and saw the show with the Tiger. I don't think I would
have been happy
with what they did. First of all, I thought the price was awful high for
the dash they built.
You can easily find very nice dashboards for the Tiger at a fraction of
their price. Secondly,
I didn't think that the walnut burl they used, while nicely done, was
very authentic looking.
And, finally, I thought their selection of gauges was not very
authentic, either. One can easily
obtain used gauges on eBay or elsewhere and have them rebuilt (and
upgraded in the case
of the tach) for less than the gauges they installed. In the end, it
looked very nice, but
anyone familiar with Tigers would recognize it as far from original.
Now, maybe I am too
hung up on originality and the owner may love it but, as I said, it is
not my cup of tea.

Cheers,

Tod

--------------000302080000030905030909

  <head>

  </head>
      I get the channel and saw the show with the Tiger. I <font
        face="Arial">don't think I would have been happy <br>
          the price was awful high for the dash they buil<font
            face="Arial">t.<br>
                very nice dashbo<font face="Arial">ards for the Tiger at
                  a fraction of th<font face="Arial">eir price.
                    Secondly,<br>
                        that the walnut burl they used, while nicely
                        done, was very authe<font face="Arial">ntic
                          looking.<br>
                            their selection of gauges </font>was not
                          very authentic, either. One can easily <br>
                              face="Arial">y or elsewhere and have them
                              rebuilt (and upgraded in the case<br>
                                than the gauges they installed. In the
                                end, it looked very nice, but <br>
                                  Tigers would <font face="Arial">recognize
                                    it as far from original. Now, maybe
                                        originality and the owner may
                                        love it but, as I said, it is
                                        not my cup of tea.<br>