Re: [Tigers] Recent Auction Sales

To: un-cole-a@juno.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Recent Auction Sales
From: michael king via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 09:36:13 +1000
Cc: Tiger Talk List Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>

--001a113808e0450b3d051d9e627f

Tim,

Some nos and rare second hand parts are getting very pricey, but the upside
is that as the cars rise in value people are more prepared to reproduce NLA
parts... Double edge sword....
On 19 Aug 2015 09:20, "un-cole-a--- via Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> Problem is those of us that bought our cars to restore are now seeing our
> budgets getting blown out of the water. I did build in extra for unforeseen
> costs but the price of some parts are now double and sometimes triple what
> they should be. My Tiger may be sitting longer for completion then I
> thought and that is a shame. This keeps up I will be priced out of the
> restoration and may have to sell. It's great the Tiger is getting the
> recognition it deserves but those of us who do not have deep pockets are
> going to be pushed out by investors who have those pockets and really only
> care about turning the profit.
>
> Tim
> B9470149

to reproduce NLA parts... Double edge sword....<br>
ers&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.ne=
t</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" =
style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><di=
v>Problem is those of us that bought our cars to restore are now seeing our=
 budgets getting blown out of the water. I did build in extra for unforesee=
n costs but the price of some parts are now double and sometimes triple wha=
t they should be. My Tiger may be sitting longer for completion then I thou=
ght and that is a shame. This keeps up I will be priced out of the restorat=
ion and may have to sell. It&#39;s great the Tiger is getting the recogniti=
on it deserves but those of us who do not have deep pockets are going to be=
 pushed out by investors who have those pockets and really only care about =
turning the profit. =C2=A0</div>
r--- via Tigers &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_bla=
nk">tigers@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>To: Tom Hall &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mod=
tiger@comcast.net" target=3D"_blank">modtiger@comcast.net</a>&gt;<br>Cc: To=
m Hall via Tigers &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_b=
lank">tigers@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>Subject: Re: [Tigers] Recent Auction=
h regards to raising the coverage on our Tigers...I just did this morning!!=
!!!=C2=A0 Of course, I&#39;ve just finished that huge project on mine and i=
t needed to be raised anyway.=C2=A0 It does appear that Tigers are finally =
becoming seriously collectible, which is a double-edged sword of sorts, I s=
uppose.=C2=A0 I&#39;m just glad I&#39;ve got mine!!!<br><br>BTW...the car i=
n question appeared to still be wearing its original paint under the hood.=
=C2=A0 It looked to me like the shade of green on the body was a bit lighte=
r than what was in the engine compartment.=C2=A0 It also had an aftermarket=
 steering wheel and, from what I could tell, an incorrect amp gauge, too.=
=C2=A0 Considering all of this, I was pretty surprised to see it bring that=
mailto:tigers@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">tigers@autox.team.net</a>&g=
t; wrote: <br>&gt; On 8/18/2015 6:27 AM, awtiger--- via Tigers wrote:<br>&g=
t; &gt; According to their website, Mecum also sold a green Mk1A for $100K.=
=C2=A0 It did appear to be of a very nice driver quality, though not a conc=
ours resto.=C2=A0 It came with LAT 70s and a LAT hood, but I can&#39;t reme=
&gt; &gt; Edmond, OK<br>&gt; &gt;<br>&gt; Yes it did have a black hardtop.=
=C2=A0 I thought it was pretty close to an <br>&gt; average Tigers United C=
oncours entry.=C2=A0 Shiny BRG, but not a particularly <br>&gt; clean examp=
le.=C2=A0 The booster was missing and the vacuum line was there <br>&gt; wi=
th a plastic cap on it.=C2=A0 Starting to look like it&#39;s time to raise =
p://www.tigerengineering.net" target=3D"_blank">www.tigerengineering.net</a=
donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>&gt; =
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>&gt; Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/foru=
a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/awtiger@cox.net"; tar=
get=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/awtiger@cox.net=
__<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">tigers=
ml" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <a hr=
ef=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/ar=
chive</a><br>Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; target=3D"_blan=
eam.net/mailman/options/tigers/un-cole-a@juno.com" target=3D"_blank">http:/=
/autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/un-cole-a@juno.com</a>

____________________________</font><br><a style=3D"TEXT-DECORATION:none" hr=
ef=3D"http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/55d3bd62ec9dc3d624c33st04vuc=
" target=3D"_blank"><font face=3D"Arial"><font color=3D"#004080" size=3D"3"=
00000" href=3D"http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/55d3bd62ec9dc3d624c=
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=