[Tigers] Fw: Brake rotor min. thickness (2002)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Fw: Brake rotor min. thickness (2002)
From: Tom Witt via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 14:04:02 -0700
I just wanted to reassure others (and Dan Williams) that the information I
sited yesterday and authored by "Dan" was not Dan Williams.  Below is the
2002 email that came through the Tigers AutoXteam.net Forum. It is a bit
confusing in that someone named "Dan" is one of two brothers in an auto
parts store??? quoted as saying .310 (YIKES! - mine) is the minimum
thickness - and then another person also named "Dan" (presumed Fitzgerald)
is stating a correction (.375) - that also seems up for debate.

Anyway, I spent some time searching/asking back then and these were the only
numbers anyone ever returned with. For me at least those numbers became
valid for someone willing to turn my rotors. That said, I agree that most
times .060 is the maximum usually found (as I eluded to in yesterdays post).
The original 2002 post is below forwarded (today) to the list along with the
source data.  Tom Witt