[Tigers] Spring Windup

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Spring Windup
From: 64venezia via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 07:49:24 -0400
Cc: cghalgren@yahoo.com
Carl,
Hen I bought my used Tiger in 1989, it had exactly that same setup. It was
used a lot on the Epping NH dragway in the late '60 and early '70's by the
previous owner. At the time I knew nothing about Tigers and had no clue what
these Konis where for. At the time I asked Koni to rebuild them, but they
couldn't/wouldn't(?).  But when I restored the car I put them back as before
and they are still under my Tiger. Thanks for the comments. Robert

19 Jun 2016 From: Carl Halgren
I bought my Tiger II new in 1967 and wheel hop was a major headache. I cured
it with a product by Koni. It consists of a bracket which mounts on the
bottom of the axle/spring junction, a second bracket mounted at the front
spring mount, and a specially designed shock absorber mounted between the
two. It allows spring windup, but dampens it significantly. It eliminated
wheel hop and provided my Tiger with greatly improved performance.

---