Re: [Tigers] Axle wrap

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Axle wrap
From: James Burruss via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 19:44:26 -0500
X_cmae_category: , , a=/NrbMGQJ18o/Cvn4aA8WUw==:117 a=/NrbMGQJ18o/Cvn4aA8WUw==:17 a=kj9zAlcOel0A:10 a=e5deJ3MJRSsS3Qpx-CoA:9
X_cmae_category: , ,
Back in the dark ages when I autocrossed my Tiger. I experimented with
spring clamps to control rear wheel hop, based on a suggestion from a fellow
Tiger autocrosser.  I settled on a single clamp on the forward half of the
right side spring, just ahead of the tire.  Launches thereafter were
perfectly smooth.  It was a cheap fix that remains in place today.  It may
not be as effective with gobs of horsepower and today's sticky tires.

Jim Burruss