Re: [Tigers] FW: Tigers Digest, Vol 8, Issue 141

To: Larry Wright <lwright@impactoffice.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] FW: Tigers Digest, Vol 8, Issue 141
From: michael king via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 15:26:17 +1000
Cc: Tiger Talk List Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>

--001a11397a3c232b1105376982c6

There was an article years ago circulated, tilted "the beastie" or similar
that speculated it was a "Talbot hound".. think it was somewhat of a tongue
in cheek piece.

On 12 Jul 2016 14:30, "Larry Wright via Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> If that's correct, I wonder where I got the idea years ago that the
> depicted animal is a Talbot hunting dog? Read it somewhere, I'm sure -- but
> reading something these days does not equate to truth, so I might have been
> misled. Been looking at images on-line of Sunbeam badges, the
> animal-picture varies a bit, some of which look like a generic quadruped.
>
> Larry Wright
>
> Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 09:37:15 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Brian Glenn <ora_archy@yahoo.com>
> To: Brock Tella <bctsandiego@yahoo.com>,  Ron Fraser via Tigers
>         <tigers@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fender Badge Details
>
> >From the Supreme Sunbeam site:http://www.sunbeam.org.au/?cat=16?This
> >crest is a heraldic emblem appearing on many coats of arms. In heraldic
> >terms it is generally described as ?on a chapeau gules, turned up
> >ermine, a lion statant with the tail extended? which essentially means
> >on a red cap trimmed in ermine, a lion stands with tail extended.?Brian
> >Glenn
> ********

--001a11397a3c232b1105376982c6

beastie&quot; or similar that speculated it was a &quot;Talbot hound&quot;.=
. think it was somewhat of a tongue in cheek piece.</p>
:30, &quot;Larry Wright via Tigers&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox=
.team.net">tigers@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><bl=
ockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #=
ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">If that&#39;s correct, I wonder where I got the=
 idea years ago that the depicted animal is a Talbot hunting dog? Read it s=
omewhere, I&#39;m sure -- but reading something these days does not equate =
to truth, so I might have been misled. Been looking at images on-line of Su=
nbeam badges, the animal-picture varies a bit, some of which look like a ge=
neric quadruped.<br>
Larry Wright<br>