Re: [Tigers] 1967 Tigers

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Rob Hogan <robertdhogan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 1967 Tigers
From: Tod Brown via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 18:28:31 -0400
--===============1601389362145228508==
 boundary="------------070303020608000800080501"

--------------070303020608000800080501

Whether a Tiger was designated a 1967 or 1966 model was a decision
usually left up to
the DMV in the state where the car was sold. My Tiger, for example,
which I bought on
October 15, 1966 in NY state, was registered as a 67. Its serial no. is
B382002384LRXFE.
Its birthday, IIRC, was actually August 29, 1966 according to the info
from Norm.
I have seen other Tigerswith later serial numbers which are registered
as 66's, so there
is little rhyme nor reason.

As others have noted, MkIA manufacture ended in late 1966.
Interestingly, from what
I have seen, MkII cars were being produced before MkIA production
ceased, so there
was some overlap. To my knowledge (and I am not infallible, as my wife
often points out)
all of the MkII's that came to the states were registered as 67's, even
though a few of
them may have been produced in 1966.

Tod Brown
B382002384LRXFE
TAC 864

--------------070303020608000800080501

  <head>

  </head>
      designated a 1967 or 1966 model was a decis<font face="Arial">ion
        usually left up to<br>
          My Tiger, for example, which I bought on<br>
              state, was registered as a 67. Its seri<font face="Arial">al
                no. is B382002384LRXFE.<br>
                  August 29, 1966 according to the info f<font
                    Tigers<font face="Arial"> with later serial numbers
                      which are registered as 66's, so there<br>
                          manufacture ended in late 1966. Interestingly,
                          fro<font face="Arial">m what<br>
                                face="Arial">ere being produced before
                                MkIA production ceased, so there<br>
                                  my knowledge (and I am not inf<font
                                    face="Arial">allib<font face="Arial">le,
                                      as my wife ofte<font face="Arial">n
                                        points out)<br>
                                          MkII's that came to the states
                                          we<font face="Arial">re