Re: [Tigers] gauge needle paint

To: <e.coiner@cox.net>, <Rollright@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] gauge needle paint
From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 20:53:55 -0400
I too have a sticky needle.  I wonder if a little catalyzed clear paint or
nail polish at that spot would help.

You might be able to mix catalyst with the needle paint but you only need 1
drop of catalyst with the needle paint in a separate jar - otherwise all the
paint in the jar will get hard.  This assumes you have catalyst on hand it
is not a cheap item to buy at the Paint Shop.

Another option for new paint is to force dry them.  I like to put freshly
painted parts on the back shelf of my car on a sunny day.  Bakes them at up
to 140 F.
This will leave a paint smell in your car.  I don't mind the smell but
others could.

Ron Fraser