Re: [Tigers] progress

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] progress
From: David Sosna via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 14:01:25 -0700
--===============4788285956239678802==
 boundary="------------7F7B2BCB58B24A25909AA105"

--------------7F7B2BCB58B24A25909AA105

Hi Daniel:

I think you mentioned earlier that you were going for a non-stock
restoration with a 331 stroker motor.  If that's still your plan, I'd
say "It's your car.  Do what you want with it."

I don't know if you bought your Tiger before the current price insanity
took hold; if so, then it can be less about making enough money by
selling the car to fund your retirement then about having fun and
letting your kids tear around in the car when they're old enough.  If
it's the latter, then again, I'd say "it's your car. Do what you want
with it.  Our blessings on flares or no flares shouldn't matter."

Of course, having had a scruffy tiger that I was comfortable using as a
daily driver precisely BECAUSE it was scruffy, I'd suggest that after
you get everything perfect bodywise, you grab a paint roller and apply
some rustoleum with it. :-)

Not because I want your car to look bad.  Rather, I believe that if I'd
had my Tiger nicely painted, I'd have been afraid to drive it other than
occasionally.  You might feel more comfortable letting the kids take it
out for a blast if the paint ISN'T perfect. :-)

I recently spoke with a lady who had been driving her BMW 2002 for 42
years. Had an absolute ball with it until she'd had it restored
recently.  Now it's not as much fun. What changed?  The car really
looked nice, she'd had it insured for what it was now worth, and the
insurance company limited her to 2500 miles a year.  Goodbye spontaneity.

Whatever you decide, it's your car, so your decisions are, by nature,
the right decision and I offer my congratulations in advance.

Best Regards

David Sosna

P.S. I don't know how much longer Smitty will be in San Diego--if indeed
he hasn't already left.  You can probably get a stock fender from him.
619-233-7937.  No answering machine, let it ring 10 time before you hang up.

On 09/26/2016 10:19 AM, daniel doornbos via Tigers wrote:
> I'm at a cross road as the car has flares (best image of the flares
> <https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNhx7DaGd_6kYAxzcDV2Mr52Mwj-VqG2phw7NmWCZQmIg2bjwpI-WiHGl28V-WURg/photo/AF1QipPbhwRexXIJJ2bSVHcDEfYM_lnQN8xj6YX9UPw?key=ZXNOMzVCTENIOHlnN0txMk5GbkRaWVNDS3l5Unln>)
>  at
> all 4 corners.  Do I seek out a donor fender for the rear and transfer
> the flare?  Do I put a stock fender on and then remove the flares from
> the other 3 piecing in new arches?    Anyone have a driver
> rear fenders for sale plus 3 arches?  Anyone have the same style of
> steel rear flare tucked away in the garage?
>
> dan
>

> Most recent photos are at the end of the album.  Primary purpose of
> the photos are to help me put this thing back together...
>
> https://goo.gl/photos/9fkVPwxGhw1mMKuM6

--------------7F7B2BCB58B24A25909AA105

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      restoration with a 331 stroker motor.  If that's still your plan,
      I'd say "It's your car.  Do what you want with it."</p>
      insanity took hold; if so, then it can be less about making enough
      money by selling the car to fund your retirement then about having
      fun and letting your kids tear around in the car when they're old
      enough.  If it's the latter, then again, I'd say "it's your car.
      Do what you want with it.  Our blessings on flares or no flares
      shouldn't matter."</p>
      using as a daily driver precisely BECAUSE it was scruffy, I'd
      suggest that after you get everything perfect bodywise, you grab a
      paint roller and apply some rustoleum with it. <span
      if I'd had my Tiger nicely painted, I'd have been afraid to drive
      it other than occasionally.  You might feel more comfortable
      letting the kids take it out for a blast if the paint ISN'T
      for 42 years. Had an absolute ball with it until she'd had it
      restored recently.  Now it's not as much fun. What changed?  The
      car really looked nice, she'd had it insured for what it was now
      worth, and the insurance company limited her to 2500 miles a
      year.  Goodbye spontaneity.</p>
      nature, the right decision and I offer my congratulations in
      advance.  <br>
      indeed he hasn't already left.  You can probably get a stock
      fender from him.  619-233-7937.  No answering machine, let it ring
      10 time before you hang up.<br>
      via Tigers wrote:<br>
cite="mid:BY2PR16MB0886EE623E5D8F96ED2C0A17FDCD0@BY2PR16MB0886.namprd16.prod.outlook.com"
      type="cite">
        charset=windows-1252">
{margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;} --></style>
style="font-size:12pt;color:#000000;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
        I'm at a cross road as the car has flares (<a
          moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNhx7DaGd_6kYAxzcDV2Mr52Mwj-VqG2phw7NmWCZQmIg2bjwpI-WiHGl28V-WURg/photo/AF1QipPbhwRexXIJJ2bSVHcDEfYM_lnQN8xj6YX9UPw?key=ZXNOMzVCTENIOHlnN0txMk5GbkRaWVNDS3l5Unln";>best
          image of the flares</a>) at all 4 corners.  Do I seek out a
        donor fender for the rear and transfer the flare?  Do I put a
        stock fender on and then remove the flares from the other 3
        piecing in new arches?    Anyone have a driver rear fenders for
        sale plus 3 arches?  Anyone have the same style of steel rear
        flare tucked away in the garage?
          purpose of the photos are to help me put this thing back
          together... </p>
            href="https://goo.gl/photos/9fkVPwxGhw1mMKuM6";
            class="OWAAutoLink" id="LPlnk451054"
previewremoved="true">https://goo.gl/photos/9fkVPwxGhw1mMKuM6</a> <br>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>
Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net</a>

</pre>