[Tigers] Really

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Really
From: Warren Goodman via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 10:41:11 -0500

------=_Part_101929_1197968791.1480520469064

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 15:18:16 -0800
From: Ess Amiam <s.amiam@sonic.net>
To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] "STOCK CHEATERS" central

Amazing stuff G.W.  You SOCAL guys are the best.  Close enough air
cleaners, clock faces, ammeters and any number of other objects and
you're raising the "CHEATERS" banner.

My hero's

Ess

Last I checked 99.9% of guys like the reproduction AC Housings .  The clock
faces, which I don't have anything to do with as a reproduction as well as the
ammeters. Not one of those reproductions  are performance enhancing for the
Tiger and I have nothing to do with clocks or ammeters that's P. Bruehan, and
Jim G.

As I told Bill I am 100% behind anyone who makes a good quality reproduction
that extends the life and reliability of the Marque. Yesterday I told a client
who is suffering from a crashed Tiger with a bent rack about Bill's and
provided contact info.

My point is unfair advantage may be gained by those and especially those who
already skirt the issue and compete in stock class with a modified from stock
car. The build information of a competing car should be disclosed, IMHO stock
means stock. The sponsoring clubs and participants should know of the
modification and if they call it a legal one I'd be happy that Bill has a
product that just got better.  The undeniable fact IS that Joe Average couldn't
walk into a Rootes dealer, and point at a rack on the LAT list and say I'll
take one of those.  If you'd like another world's idea of stock look up match
racing in the Congressional cup, after a sailor beats his opponent he takes his
crew and swaps boats "that's, the cliff notes version". Maybe I'm asking too
much how about the Long Beach Grand Prix celebrity race all driving prepared
Toyota's

Maybe I am missing something but how does a AC housing or a clock face or
ammeter help with performance.  You must be one of those parts hoarders who is
upset as your real AC Housing has been devalued. Sorry but I'll take the 99.9%
of guys who are happy and say sorry mate to you 1% guys. If we didn't do it
someone else would have, just like the fella on Fakebook  reproducing hawking
Rootes side badges that are just like the ones CAT used to sell for about 60
bucks. I paid hundreds of dollars to have the Chevrons re chromed on my 64
Falcon and yeah I whined when a reproduction came out too.

Bill and other vendors are in a list in a members only area of the CAT forum.
If I was King, I'd have that part of forum open to all no matter of club
affiliation and a free marketplace. Guy's in the know end up helping Nube's,
and others with their 411 questions many many times a day.  I don't know how
many pro's told me "all I do is talk on the phone and respond to the same old
questions." Some guy's tell me I don't want my business number published I'm
too busy....   My involvement on forum's and boards is completely altruistic,
well with exception of selling AC housings :)  While on that note we offered
the turn key project to our home club and were turned down.

------=_Part_101929_1197968791.1480520469064