Re: [Tigers] Windshields

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Windshields
From: Tom Hall via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 09:15:37 -0700

--------------65DE66188F3C0C26D0853A2C

On 10/11/2018 7:10 PM, Stu via Tigers wrote:
> In his web site catalog, Rick at SS points us at Pilkington for
> windshields.  Anybody out there deal with them?  How did the deal go?
> How did they ship the windshield?  Was the shape correct?  Good folks
> to deal with?  Any other possible sources we should know about?
>
> Thanks,
> Stu

I have purchased windshields from Pilkington.  They sell both tinted and
un-tinted windshields for the Alpine/Tiger Series IV & V configuration.
My last discussion with them was a couple of years ago and I bought two
untinted windshields from them to fit "stock" Tigers.  That was all they
had on order from their supplier and I had to wait about 6 months for
delivery from their source,  They had several tinted windshields in
inventory at that time.  They are not cheap and shipping is a MAJOR
factor.  Several can come in the minimum crate they use.  I picked mine
up at the local San Jose distrubution center.  If you want one, and
shipping to your home, be prepaired for sticker shock, if they can even
do that.  They are a major distributor for repair shops, so the Tiger
stuff seems to take a back seat.  The fit and clarity is OEM and it is
the correct thickness for Rick's rubber.
They were very pleasant to deal with but schedules are not firm for
parts not in inventory.

--
Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC

--------------65DE66188F3C0C26D0853A2C

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CA+DpG66Nvj=gppc_OaOejiA_1sJwB=kopwZmZTJZ71bha0y2wg@mail.gmail.com">
          site catalog, Rick at SS points us at Pilkington for
          windshields.  Anybody out there deal with them?  How did the
          deal go?  How did they ship the windshield?  Was the shape
          correct?  Good folks to deal with?  Any other possible sources
          we should know about?</div>
    I have purchased windshields from Pilkington.  They sell both tinted
    and un-tinted windshields for the Alpine/Tiger Series IV &amp; V
    configuration.  My last discussion with them was a couple of years
    ago and I bought two untinted windshields from them to fit "stock"
    Tigers.  That was all they had on order from their supplier and I
    had to wait about 6 months for delivery from their source,  They had
    several tinted windshields in inventory at that time.  They are not
    cheap and shipping is a MAJOR factor.  Several can come in the
    minimum crate they use.  I picked mine up at the local San Jose
    distrubution center.  If you want one, and shipping to your home, be
    prepaired for sticker shock, if they can even do that.  They are a
    major distributor for repair shops, so the Tiger stuff seems to take
    a back seat.  The fit and clarity is OEM and it is the correct
    thickness for Rick's rubber.<br>
    They were very pleasant to deal with but schedules are not firm for
    parts not in inventory.<br>
cite="mid:CA+DpG66Nvj=gppc_OaOejiA_1sJwB=kopwZmZTJZ71bha0y2wg@mail.gmail.com">
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/modtiger@comcast.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/modtiger@comcast.net</a>

</pre>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Tom Hall