Re: [Tigers] lat hood

To: Clyde McLaughlin <clydemclaughlin@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] lat hood
From: michael king via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:04:08 +0800
Cc: Tiger Talk List Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>

--000000000000f54d1d057eedcace

If original will be a terrible fit... They seemed to have got the dip in
profile of the forward bonnet line and guard wrong. So if you are buying to
habe an original.. Its Probably worth something to you...but you are better
off owning a nee high quality one from dale A, ken wilcox, jeff haworth
etc....

Also i suspect non sunbeam expert judges at a concourse would deduct points
for poor panel fit, not knowimg thats how they were.

I think if NOS its worth the price of a new repro...

Also did it come with the optional mesh vent inserts?

On Tue., 8 Jan. 2019, 14:32 clyde mclaughlin via Tigers <
tigers@autox.team.net wrote:

> HOW WOULD YOU IDENTIFY A FACTORY ORIGINAL LAT HOOD THAT IS VIRGIN, NEVER
> PAINTED OR MOUNTED ON A CAR, OPPOSED TO A REMAN OR AFTERMARKET, ASSUMING
> THE HOOD SCOPE AND REAR EXIT VENTS APPEAR TOBE CORRECT..I RECENTLY SAY ONE
> AND THE OWNER WAS NOT SURE IF IT WAS ORIGINAL BUT WE BOTH AGREED IT LOOKED
> ORIGINAL.  BACK SIDE HAD TWO COLORS, EDGES TRIMED WITH WHAT APPEARED TOBE A
> FIBER GLASS TAPE...NEXT QUESTION, IDEA OF VALUE,  CLYDE MCLAUGHLIN

--000000000000f54d1d057eedcace

 got the dip in profile of the forward bonnet line and guard wrong. So if y=
ou are buying to habe an original.. Its Probably worth something to you...b=
ut you are better off owning a nee high quality one from dale A, ken wilcox=
suspect non sunbeam expert judges at a concourse would deduct points for po=
/div><div dir=3D"auto">I think if NOS its worth the price of a new repro...=
te"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Tue., 8 Jan. 2019, 14:32 clyde mclaughlin via Tiger=
s &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net</a> wr=
ote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;=
border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><font color=3D"black" size=3D"=
2" face=3D"arial">HOW WOULD YOU IDENTIFY A FACTORY ORIGINAL LAT HOOD THAT I=
S VIRGIN, NEVER PAINTED OR MOUNTED ON A CAR, OPPOSED TO A REMAN OR AFTERMAR=
KET, ASSUMING THE HOOD SCOPE AND REAR EXIT VENTS APPEAR TOBE CORRECT..I REC=
ENTLY SAY ONE AND THE OWNER WAS NOT SURE IF IT WAS ORIGINAL BUT WE BOTH AGR=
EED IT LOOKED ORIGINAL.=C2=A0 BACK SIDE HAD TWO COLORS, EDGES TRIMED WITH W=
HAT APPEARED TOBE A FIBER GLASS TAPE...NEXT QUESTION, IDEA OF VALUE, =C2=A0=
CLYDE MCLAUGHLIN</font>_______________________________________________<br>
r">tigers@autox.team.net</a><br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers"; rel=3D"noreferrer=