Re: [Tigers] Fuel Pump Access Door

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fuel Pump Access Door
From: Tom Hall via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 09:17:13 -0800

--------------25B520B324E90B7D77CAF92A

On 1/14/2019 8:04 PM, coolvt--- via Tigers wrote:
> Ron,  I was wondering the same.  Possibly all the mounting holes were
> not drilled accurately from car to car and might that account for a
> misalignment?
> mark L

The fabrication drawings clearly show that the center hole for the Dzus
lockwire and the rivet holes on either side were part of the original
stamping.  It's likely that they were punched when the semi-rectangular
opening was punched into this panel as a second op process.  So the
opening and those holes would be consistant.

The holes for the hinge rivets would then have been drilled after this
assembly was welded into either the next sub assembly or farther down
the assembly process.  The degree of freedom would have been limited by
the camlock screw, in position, so it couldn't have been off by very
far, or vary very much, or it would appear crooked to the eye and the QA
crew would have been upset.

--
Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC

--------------25B520B324E90B7D77CAF92A

  <head>
  </head>
      Tigers wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:1852161362.162053.1547525048727@mail.yahoo.com">
          helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">
              font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">Ron,  I was wondering
              the same.  Possibly all the mounting holes were not
              drilled accurately from car to car and might that account
              for a misalignment?</span></div>
              font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">mark L</span></div>
              font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;"><br>
      the Dzus lockwire and the rivet holes on either side were part of
      the original stamping.  It's likely that they were punched when
      the semi-rectangular opening was punched into this panel as a
      second op process.  So the opening and those holes would be
      consistant. <br>
      this assembly was welded into either the next sub assembly or
      farther down the assembly process.  The degree of freedom would
      have been limited by the camlock screw, in position, so it
      couldn't have been off by very far, or vary very much, or it would
      appear crooked to the eye and the QA crew would have been upset.<br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC
5712 San Luis Court