Re: [Tigers] Throttle Linkage

To: "Joe Brown" <jbbrown1980@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Throttle Linkage
From: Richard Bruner via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 17:24:05 -0500
Cc: "Tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>

------=_20230410172405_53610

https://www.gtsparkplugs.com/sunbeam-tiger-throttle-linkage.html

On Mon, April 10, 2023 3:58 pm, Joe Brown wrote:
started having some issues with my throttle and figured out that the
> linkage attached to the gas pedal was slipping. There is a bolt
that
> pinches the throttle cable lever onto the rod coming from
the pedal. I
> tightened it down as far as it would go and it
still slips. In the photo
> below the bolt is removed.
>
> I was looking at this linkage in my parts manual and it
doesn't show the
> welded on tab that mine has. See the red arrow
in the photo. Maybe a
> later edition of the manual shows this.
I'm not sure what that tab would
> be for. Any ideas?
>
> I think my only fix will be to try and attach the lever to the
welded tab
> so that it won't slip on the rod any more. Any and
all suggestions are

tigers@autox.team.net

http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers

http://autox.team.net/archive

> Unsubscribe:

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/gammaman@mokancomm.net

------=_20230410172405_53610

https://www.gtsparkplugs.com/sunbeam-tiger-throttle-linkage.html<br /><br
/><br />On Mon, April 10, 2023 3:58 pm, Joe Brown wrote:<br />&gt; I
started having some issues with my throttle and figured out that the<br
/>&gt; linkage attached to the gas pedal was slipping. There is a bolt
that<br />&gt; pinches the throttle cable lever onto the rod coming from
the pedal. I<br />&gt; tightened it down as far as it would go and it
still slips. In the photo<br />&gt; below the bolt is removed.<br
/>&gt;<br />&gt; I was looking at this linkage in my parts manual and it
doesn't show the<br />&gt; welded on tab that mine has. See the red arrow
in the photo. Maybe a<br />&gt; later edition of the manual shows this.
I'm not sure what that tab would<br />&gt; be for. Any ideas?<br />&gt;<br
/>&gt; I think my only fix will be to try and attach the lever to the
welded tab<br />&gt; so that it won't slip on the rod any more. Any and
all suggestions are<br />&gt; welcome.<br />&gt; [image: image.png]<br
/>&gt;<br />&gt;<br />&gt;
------=_20230410172405_53610--

--===============7661338483504572693==