TR6 flywheel bolts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 flywheel bolts
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 13:18:48 -0400
I've misplaced the flywheel bolts I removed while replacing the rear oil
seal on my 74 TR6 (put them in a safe place to avoid losing them, then
forgot where that was!). I thought if I could figure out just what they're
supposed to be, I could stop by the fastener warehouse on the way home from
work.

The parts books appear to indicate that these are special in some way.
They have an actual part number, instead of the decodable hardware book
part number. I assume these are low-profile head, grade 8 bolts, right?
Also, I noticed when I removed them that there were no lockwashers or
tabbed washers under these bolts.  Are they somehow "self locking", or did
the DPO leave something out?
---
Ted Stevens     stevens@erols.com
74 TR6          Gaithersburg, MD