Brake master leak TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake master leak TR6
From: Keith Ehrlich <kehrlich@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 16:43:16 -0400
Hi gang-

Well of course after a 4 month effort to rebuild the top end of my
engine and paint and detail the engine bay everything works fine but now
suddenly the Brake Master has sprung a leak at the servo end. The master
was put in by the PO and a rebuild kit installed by him when it didn't
work right on delivery to me. Since then ( 4 years) it worked fine
without leaks until I removed it to do my engine work and then
reinstalled it.

I am getting mixed messages from reading the archives about whether an
amateur rebuild is the right thing to do for this kind of MC leak. So,
any opinions as to home rebuild vs replacement with say an Apple or
WhitePost product for a posterior Brake MC leak?

Also, anything in particular that would cause this to suddenly break
out, or is it the black coincidence that comes with  disassembly and
reassembly activity?

Thanks

Keith
74 TR6

PS : I Discovered the leak at the BMCNE British Car Show in Westminster
MA today, where I saw listers Rick Barnard, Sumner Weisman, Joe Merone
and Ron L'Herault among other local Triumph friends. Looks like the
British Invasion of Shrewsbury Cruze Nite is on for next Thursday.