Triumphs in Costa Rica

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumphs in Costa Rica
From: dncullig@us.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:19:45 -0400
    Since Chip K reported on his trip to Bermuda, I figured I'd chime in
about my trip to Costa Rica.  The two places are similar in one respect
 - NO TRIUMPHS.  I looked for any British cars and except for new Land
Rovers, the only British car I saw during a 6-day stay was a very beat
Mini Cooper panel truck hauling vegetables through downtown San
Jose.
       Costa Rica is full of the twistiest, windiest mountain roads you
have
ever seen, but there are drawbacks - they are not very well maintained
(you spend LOTS of time dodging potholes) and with even the slightest
bit of rain, they tend to wash out (ask me how I know - it's the rainy sea-
son there now - the  new  word  I  learned  in  Spanish was 'la rumba'
(mudslide)).

Dennis Culligan / Highland ,NY /  DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM